Formidable, funny and fierce. This emotive and heartbreaking story is collected together with four other equaling thrilling shorts.
The Voice in the Dark: A Mysterious Mr. Quin Story - eBook
With heart-thumping action from the first page to the last, it makes for a deadly collection and a gripping read. Mr Campion and Others by Margery Allingham.
First published in , this assortment of classic murder mysteries sees master sleuth Mr Albert Campion tested against thirteen dastardly cases, which prove to be as charming as they are inventive. This is escapism crime fiction from a bygone era to be savoured and enjoyed. Fans of Agatha Christie will relish this delightful collection. Hercule Poirot needs no introduction.
- The Voice in the Dark: A Short Story by Agatha Christie!
- Blood On The Strand: 2 (Adventures of Thomas Chaloner).
- Book Preview.
- 08.The Daredevil Duke (The Eternal Collection).
- Other Books.
- Malibu Confidential.
A work of literary history to be treasured. Killer in the Rain by Raymond Chandler. It was the pulp detective magazines of the s and s where Raymond Chandler made his name as a connoisseur of the hard-boiled detective story. Legendary master storyteller Stephen King is at his best in this collection of short works delivering chilling stories on a multitude of themes including morality, the afterlife, guilt and, of course, death.
What makes this collection so special is each story is prefaced with a note from King on when, why and how he came to write each one, giving a fascinating insight into his writing process. But now, in a wonderfully unique collection, eleven of these previously unseen investigations are uncovered in true anarchic style.
Fans of the Bryant and May series will also enjoy an exclusive look into the Peculiar Crimes Unit and more insider treats. Poe is a master of the grotesque and never fails to surprise with his short stories, which are a celebration of horror, madness, violence and the darkness of humanity.
His uniqueness of imagination shines through every tale and his cracking characters and tumultuous twists and turns of the narrative will keep you on the edge of your seat. A collection to enjoy again and again.
- Practical Tarot’s Quick Start Guide to Tarot Readings (Practical Tarots Quick Start Guides Book 2).
- Handbook of Differential Equations:Stationary Partial Differential Equations: 2 (Handbook of Differential Equations: Stationary Partial Differential Equations)!
- Amore oltre la legge (Italian Edition)?
- Miss Marple and Mystery: The Complete Short Stories.
- On Becoming an Effective Teacher: Person-centered teaching, psychology, philosophy, and dialogues with Carl R. Rogers and Harold Lyon.
- Follow BBC Culture;
- When will my book be dispatched from your warehouse??
Offshore by Ann Cleeves. Eight islands, all off the coast of the UK, are the settings for the eight strikingly different cases featured in this collection.
The Voice In The Dark Book by Agatha Christie
Capturing the spirit of each island, an array of detectives unearth secrets, lies and hidden truths. Here, Resnick is reprieved in twelve bite-sized stories, including two which have never been published before. Stranded by Val McDermid. Val McDermid is a force of nature of crime writing and this volume is no different.
The Voice in the Dark by Agatha Christie - Agatha Christie
Have we missed a criminally good collection of crime short stories? Let us know in the comments below…. Join the discussion Cancel reply Your email address will not be published. Mr Satterthwaite, who knew everything, knew that it was perfectly possible for Lady Stranleigh to have grown-up grandchildren.
More titles to consider
She represented the extreme triumph of art over nature. Her figure was marvellous, her complexion was marvellous.
- Inside Linda Lovelaces Deep Throat: Degradation, Porno Chic, and the Rise of Feminism.
- Il giardino davanti casa (Il divano) (Italian Edition).
- Agatha Christie: genius or hack? Crime writers pass judgment and pick favourites.
- Dracula A History for Students.
She had enriched many beauty parlours and certainly the results were astounding. She had floated through life shedding husbands as she went. She had lost three by divorce and one by death. He was always temperamental. Six months after we married I had to apply for those queer things — what do they call them? Conjugal what nots, you know what I mean.
The Voice in the Dark
Thank goodness it is all much simpler nowadays. I remember I had to write him the silliest kind of letter — my lawyer practically dictated it to me. Asking him to come back, you know, and that I would do all I could, etc.
He came rushing home at once, which was quite the wrong thing to do, and not at all what the lawyers meant. Margery has been seeing things, or hearing them.